The Incentive Model Intercontinental helps airlines to establish new non-stop intercontinental destinations from Frankfurt Airport. An incentive is paid for each new non-stop intercontinental destination from Frankfurt Airport for the 36 months following the first flight. The airline will receive an incentive per departing passenger for each flight to the new destination on a sliding scale across the 36-month period:
- In the first 12 months = €20 per departing passenger
- In the following 12 months = €15 per departing passenger
- In the last 12 months = €10 per departing passenger
A B787 flies non-stop to a new intercontinental destination with an average of 250 passengers on board. In the first twelve months, the airline receives a total incentive of €5,000 per flight: 250 passengers at €20 each = €5,000 per flight. Taking charges into account (including central infrastructure, PRM, noise abatement) amounting to around €10,700 per flight, this effectively results in a saving of around 47 percent for the airline.
Incentives are paid at the end of the respective twelve-month period. All other details, including repayment terms, can be found in the current Airport Charges Regulation.
To participate in the Incentive Model Intercontinental, airlines need to fulfill the following conditions:
- The destination has not been served from Frankfurt Airport in the previous three flight schedule periods by any other airline
- The new destination has to be served at least 25 times per period – either per season (summer or winter flight schedule period, for seasonal flights) or within twelve months
- The airline needs to serve the new destination for at least three consecutive flight schedule periods or three summer or winter flight schedule periods
- The total growth of the airline is > 0 percent, i.e. the new destination supplements the airline‘s existing route network
- The aircraft deployed belongs to noise categories 1through 11. Details of the noise categories can be found in the current Airport Charges Regulation.
*Please note that this example does not represent a guarantee or forecast of the incentives you will receive. Please get in touch with your contact at Fraport to receive your own customized offer.